Second period of aid measure 'Alivio' of the Public Entity of Bonaire
For the second time, entrepreneurs and private individuals on Bonaire can receive an allowance for the necessary private housing costs. This time it concerns the period April to June 2021.
An application can be submitted from August 11, 2021.
What does the Bonaire Public Entity’s "Alivio" compensation scheme entail?
This arrangement is also known as TONK; Temporary Support for Essential Expenses. Due to the coronavirus crisis, some households may be faced with an unforeseeable, inevitable and sudden reduction of income. As a result, these households may experience problems with payment of essential housing costs; rent or mortgage, water and electricity bills and the Internet. These problems cannot always be resolved using current financial schemes. "Alivio" (literally translated as “alleviation”) provides alleviation for essential household housing costs. It is not an income support scheme.
What time period does the "Alivio" compensation scheme cover?
The scheme will apply retroactively for the three months from 1 April, 2021 up to and including 30 June, 2021. Compensation of essential housing costs may be provided for the entire 'Alivio' period, or part thereof.
Who is the "Alivio" compensation scheme intended for?
The Alivio compensation scheme is intended for (dismissed) employees and entrepreneurs:
- who, due to current circumstances related to the coronavirus crisis, are facing unforeseeable and inevitable reduction of income of at least 30% per month. For example, this could be because you lost your job, lost eligibility for other schemes or received much less income from your company;
- who can, therefore, no longer meet the necessary household housing costs from their (family) income and available assets. Only immediately accessible private assets are considered (not company assets);
- for whom other schemes offer insufficient or no relief at all.
For example this applies to:
- employees who have lost their jobs and are (no longer) eligible for other compensation measures on offer; or
- employees who have experienced a decrease in income of at least 30% due to the coronavirus crisis, resulting, for example, in a reduced number of working hours; or
- independent entrepreneurs/ owners of a private limited company (DGAs) who, due to the coronavirus crisis enrolled in a 2020 financial scheme such as Tozo (Temporary Transitional Arrangement for Self-employed Entrepreneurs), but for whom this compensation is insufficient to be able to pay essential housing costs; or
- the entrepreneur who started after March 13, 2020 and for whom the income is insufficient to pay the necessary housing costs (in this case contact email@example.com for a tailor-made calculation).
How much is the Alivio compensation?
The compensation will be at least US $500,00 per household per month.The calculation of the amount is based on the household’s shortfall in essential housing costs per month.
Other important conditions for eligibility for the Alivio support measure:
- Applicant must be a resident of Bonaire (registered and resident on Bonaire);
- Applicant was over 18 years of age on January 1, 2021;
- Your household has an income below the income limits below:
* Single: an income below US$ 1,750 per month
* Couple: an income below US$2,375 per month
* Family with children or a 3 or more person household: an income below US$3,750 per month.
- The loss of income is at least 30% per month (to determine this, the income in 2021 is compared with February 2020).
- The loss of revenue is caused by the measures related to the Covid-19 virus.
- The necessary housing costs (rent or mortgage, water and electricity bills, home insurance and internet) can no longer be paid from the income of the household, the available private capital or another financial arrangement or benefit.
- The available wealth (e.g. savings) within the household is less than US$9,000.
- One application can be submitted per household.
Incomes of partner and co-residents aged 18 and older are included in the calculation.
Duty to inform and correct information
An obligation to provide information applies to the aid measure 'Alivio'. This means that any change that affects or may affect the entitlement to, or the amount of the compensation must be reported. This may concern a change in income, but also, for example, in the composition of the household. Random checks will be conducted. If it later transpires that on the basis of incorrect information compensation has been provided incorrectly or up to an amount that is too high, the OLB will proceed to reclaim.
Other important information
In order to be able to assess whether you are entitled to compensation, it is important that we get a complete picture of your situation. Please, therefore, be as comprehensible as possible on the application form about the nature of your income before the coronavirus crisis started, and about what has changed compared to your situation before the crisis.
Please also indicate clearly for which month(s) you wish to claim compensation.
If, for example, you are applying for compensation for the months of April and May 2021, then please enter the income and costs for the months April and May 2021. We also request you state the income for the month of February 2020. In this way we can determine whether there has been a reduction of your income compared to the period before the coronavirus crisis started.
The income you declare must be a monthly income. If, in some cases, you have been credited with income over a shorter period than a month (such as biweekly) or a longer period (such as quarterly), you must convert the total amount you received into monthly amounts. You then must enter the monthly amount on your application form.
If you have a joint household with several people aged 18 years and older, then the personal details of your partner and / or adult co-residents must also be included.
You are partners or co-residents within one household if you:
• are married or are registered partners; or
• live at the same address; and
• have a household together; or
• are registered as partners elsewhere, such as with the Tax Office.
Providing incorrect information or improper use has criminal consequences and can also lead to recovery.
Application and processing time frame
You can apply for the 'Alivio' support measure up to and including 31 August 2021. You can do this in the following ways:
- Download the application form, fill it out, scan it and email it along with the requested proofs and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the application form, fill it in and deliver it in person from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 11:00 at the office of Samenleving & Zorg at Kaya Neerlandia 41.
Note: the application must be complete with the requested supporting
documents and attachments. Otherwise the application cannot be
submitted treatment are taken.
Still have questions or need help with the application?
Send an email: email@example.com
Or make an appointment via phone: +(599)715 2211
After receiving your application, you will receive an email from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org that your application has been received. If there are any additional questions, we will contact you from that email address.
The processing time for your application is a maximum of 8 weeks after the date of receipt of your application.